At Duco, we believe in developing potential so we’re not looking for the perfect candidate with gold medals and superpowers. Even if you don’t have everything listed below, if you think you could be great in this role please do apply. We want to hear from you. Truly!
This is a remote position Poland-wide with the possibility to work at our office based in Wroclaw.
We started Duco because we believe that dealing with data at scale requires more intelligent systems. Today, Duco provides Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions in the cloud to Financial Services, Insurance, and FinTech companies dealing with mission-critical data management issues and provides firms on-demand data integrity and insight, helping to drive operational efficiency, business agility and strategic decision-making.
Duco’s mission is to “make managing data easy” by replacing spreadsheets and technology-heavy solutions in areas like data prep, reconciliation, data quality and data management with a user-friendly, machine learning-powered platform.
Headquartered in London, with offices in Poland, UK, US and Singapore, Duco’s software is used by 14 of the top 30 global banks, asset managers with over $10 trillion in assets, leading payments innovators, exchanges and custodians, and insurers.
We’re going through a high growth phase, so we’re seeking several talented developers with different seniority level to join our Development team and be part of something truly transformational in the data space.
Bet you’re thinking ‘Yeah, lots of companies are hiring developers. So what?’
There’s one big difference here: At Duco, we give our developers the freedom to do their best work.
We put people first. Always! We genuinely care about transparency and we make sure to give everyone a voice. Regardless of roles or seniority levels, we value all opinions and input. We communicate honestly, whether the news is good or bad, and share knowledge and successes openly. Our philosophy is always to support, not micromanage.
Don’t take our word for it though, this is reflected in our Glassdoor reviews!
About the role
Developers at Duco work as part of an agile, cross-functional, empowered engineering team. Each autonomous team owns the destiny of their part of the product and makes decisions jointly, alongside representatives from Product, Sales and other customer advocates. They don’t just “code up” stuff that someone else specifies. Because where’s the joy in that?
You could be developing our award-winning reconciliation platform to meet future scaling requirements. Or building out our new products and services. Or maybe both, by helping refactor common components to a fully service-oriented architecture.
In terms of technologies, the ‘heavy lifting’ is mostly done in Java and React and you’ll be cooperating with backend developers on that; web frameworks in use include Spring Boot, Quarkus and Ruby on Rails. It all runs in a cloud infrastructure which leverages Kubernetes, Docker and Helm. We also care very much about the developer experience, so we invest in the right tooling.
And across the stack, you should expect continuous diversification and development. We improve through innovation, so we welcome the impetus that new eyes and fresh perspectives can bring.
- Designing and building new features and maintain existing ones
- Ensuring the code you and your team deliver is supportable and highest quality
- Working with Product Owners to understand customers and scope out work
- Working with UX Designers to shape new features
- Performing code reviews for others, and having your code reviewed by your peers
- Learning new technologies
- Teaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues
- A keen interest in writing resilient software that scales
- Solid experience with React and Typescript
- Knowledge of testing (Jest, React testing library)
- Familiarity with Bootstrap and REST API
- Nice to have: experience with GraphQL
- A base salary, reviewed annually
- B2B contract is an option
- A success-sharing bonus scheme, so we recognise and reward your effort
- Unlimited annual holiday, because we trust our people to manage their own time off
- Flexible working options: you can choose to work from home, at the office, or both – whatever is best for you
- Flexibility around working hours, as long as you’re delivering what’s needed
- Annual allowance to help you make the best of your home working environment
- Enhanced family leave provisions
- Personal learning and development opportunities (we dedicate budget for this)
- Spot rewards, so we can say thanks when you do a really great bit of work
- Referral bonus if we hire someone great who you’ve recommended to us
- Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year awards
- Private medical care packages: individual, partner or family
- Multisport card
- Life insurance package
- 50% deductible costs scheme (AKUP) – employment contract