For our key client, we are looking for a Data Architect to join one of the most strategic projects within the company.
- Align with other data architects for the evolution of a holistic data architecture approach and support the development of pragmatic and lean self-governance approaches
- – Support the development and expansion of the provisioning layer provided by the company
- – Contribute to the development and growth
- Analysis of business requirements and translation into data requirements facilitating the understanding between business domain and IT
- Conducting data flow analysis and evaluating the quality and usefulness of the data in the context of a specific use case
- Close cooperation with domain specialists and data engineers, developing data transformations and data services based on the developed data models
- Cooperation with Schaeffler’s governance data team and IT functions, in particular according to guidelines and processes for data modelling and data governance
- Drive data architecture and data modelling best practices, standards, and methodologies
- Take responsibility for services developed personally and by peers as well as providing feedback based upon which the other parties can enhance and ensure quality of their deliverables
- University degree in (business) informatics, Computer Science or a comparable education
- Expertise in data and object-oriented modelling (UML or comparable languages) and safe handling of data modelling concepts and tools
- Relevant experience with relational and non-relational database architectures, e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL, as well as graph-based databases and the associated query languages e.g. SQL, Cypher, SPARQL, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Components e.g., Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Purview etc. is an advantage
- Knowledge of a programming language is required e.g., Python, Java, etc.
- Ability to evaluate complex data systems and communicate them to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Willingness to continuously expand your own expertise in an agile T-Shape approach and enthusiasm for working in an agile environment
- Experiences with semantic web standards like RDF, SPARQL, and data integration are an advantage
- Fluent English is required, German is an advantage
- Stable employment and opportunity to work in a company with family traditions focused on employee growth that values personal well-being and work-life balance
- Private medical care, sport package, dental care, and other social benefits.
- Access to pieces of training