For our client – a virtual design and construction company with a mission to digitize the built environment founded by Stanford engineering graduates – We are looking for a Backend Developer who can work within the software development team, and develop cloud-based digital solutions to real-world problems in the AEC industry and beyond.
- Work closely with the studio lead, project manager, and other software developers.
- Pay attention to details of your product and the work product of other back-end developers working under your guidance.
- Participate in the ideation and spec development phase.
- Develop web applications to achieve project requirements.
- Develop testable, scalable, and maintainable data-driven backend cloud services.
- Be responsible for delivering high performance, detail-oriented, testable, quality code.
- Proficient in Node.js (Typescript is a plus).
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS or Azure is nice to have.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience in CI/CD tools and pipelines
- Proficient in best practices associated with testing, database development, and scaling
- We’re using these technologies, so we would be amazed if you have any experience with AWS EC2, S3, ElasticCache, DAX, DocumentDB, Amplify, Lambda, Route53, Cognito, Azure VM, Block Blob, CosmosDB, Azure Functions, and/or Azure AD
- Work in a small and focused development team, creating applications for big clients in the AEC industry and beyond.
- Ambitious projects with lots of opportunities to learn or throw in your ideas – we’re constantly working to improve our process.
- 100% remote work and flexible work hours.
- Training budget to support your career goals – we can sponsor your next course or tech certificate.
- Access to Pluralsight platform for skill development.
- Career development plan and possibilities to grow into more senior tech or management roles.